This incredible nine-day journey features a four-night cruise in the Galápagos Islands—a nature lover’s dream destination and UNESCO World Heritage site—aboard the first-class small ship Santa Cruz II. This exploration vessel is equipped for the complete Galápagos experience, from a fleet of inflatable watercraft and a glass-bottom boat to certified naturalists and complimentary snorkeling gear. Visit six islands where the unique wildlife engages in up-close human interaction like nowhere else. On mainland Ecuador, enjoy three nights exploring the colonial treasures of UNESCO-inscribed Quito, one of South America’s most captivating cities. Six-night Machu Picchu, Cuzco, Sacred Valley and Lima Post-Program Option.
- Extraordinary, uniquely designed nine-day Galápagos journey.
- Four-night, exclusively chartered Galápagos cruise—visit six islands and enjoy up-close access to wildlife.
- First-class accommodations aboard the Santa Cruz II, the best expedition-style ship in the Galápagos.
- Designed to navigate the waters surrounding the islands of the archipelago, Santa Cruz II provides the smoothest cruise experience in the Galápagos.
- Each island has its own distinctive ecosystem of vibrant flora and captivating fauna, such as the flightless cormorant, blue- and red-footed boobies, playful sea lions and tropical penguins.
- Encounter the amazing wildlife that inspired Charles Darwin—quirky finches, primeval iguanas and giant tortoises.
- Insightful lectures and small group walks led by expert naturalists with in-depth knowledge of the islands’ distinctive flora and fauna.
- Three nights in colonial Quito, including the Old City—a UNESCO World Heritage site—and an excursion to the “Middle of the World,” the Equatorial Monument at zero degrees latitude.
- All excursions included—best Galápagos value on the market!
- Six-night Machu Picchu Post-Program Option, including Cuzco, Peru, the Sacred Valley and Lima.
Day 1 - Depart the U.S. or Canada / Arrive in Guayaquil, Ecuador
Day 2 - Guayaquil / Fly to Baltra Island, Galápagos Islands / Embark Santa Cruz II / Santa Cruz Island for Dragon Hill
Day 3 - Punta Vicente, Isabela Island / Punta Espinosa, Fernandina Island
Day 4 - Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz Island, for Charles Darwin Research Station
Day 5 - Post Office Bay, Floreana Island / Champion Islet / Cormorant Point
Day 6 - Baltra Island / Disembark ship / Fly to Quito
Day 7 - Quito
Day 8 - Quito / Equator
Day 9 - Quito / Depart for the U.S. or Canada
Santa Cruz II
First-Class Expedition Vessel Santa Cruz II
The locally based, first-class Santa Cruz II is designed specifically to navigate the narrow channels, shallow bays and environmentally sensitive waters of the remote Galápagos Islands. The ship employs the latest in sustainable cruising technology in order to protect the archipelago’s delicate ecosystem and maintains the highest international safety standards.
Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley Post-Program Option
Explore Peru’s UNESCO-inscribed archaeological treasures and signature landscapes on this comprehensive opportunity featuring Machu Picchu, Cuzco and the captivating Sacred Valley.
Cradled by the soaring peaks of the Andes Mountains, the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu summons awe and wonder like few other places—nothing can diminish your first glimpse of this fabled “lost city.” Machu Picchu was unknown to the Western world for four centuries until American explorer Hiram Bingham III discovered the site in 1911. Research and excavation have revealed that Machu Picchu was built in the 15th century as a retreat for the Inca emperor Pachacuti.
Admire the spectacular archaeological sites of the Sacred Valley, where ancient engineering marvels, such as the fortress of Ollantaytambo, stand as lasting testimony to the powerful and far‑reaching Inca Empire. Here, village craftspeople employ age‑old techniques to spin, dye and weave intricate tapestries and sculpt pottery painted with ancient, artistic patterns.
In the historic Inca capital of Cuzco, a UNESCO World Heritage site, see the stone fortress of Sacsayhuamán and Baroque- and Renaissance‑style churches that provide a fascinating mix of pre-Columbian and colonial influences.
Enjoy deluxe, ideally located accommodations in Lima, Machu Picchu and Cuzco.
The Post-Program Option is available at additional cost. Details will be provided with your reservation confirmation.