Voyage across the Arctic Circle on this 11-day itinerary featuring a seven-night cruise on the five-star Le Boréal. Visit when the region is bathed in the magical light of the Midnight Sun. Cruise the shores of Spitsbergen—the jewel of Norway’s rarely visited Svalbard archipelago—and enjoy expert-led Zodiac excursions through sandstone mountain ranges, verdant tundra, and awe-inspiring ice formations. See glaciers calve in luminous blues and search for Arctic wildlife, including the “King of the Arctic”—the polar bear—whales, walruses, and Svalbard reindeer. Overnight accommodations included in Copenhagen before/after flights round trip Longyearbyen. Copenhagen Pre-Program and Norway Post-Program Options.
- Unique 11-day itinerary featuring an extraordinary seven-night Arctic cruise.
- Cruise the shores of Spitsbergen, the jewel of Norway’s rarely visited Svalbard archipelago, a dramatic island of sweeping contrasts.
- Ocean-view accommodations aboard a five-star expedition ship, most with a private balcony—simply the optimal cruising experience.
- Explore Spitsbergen’s protected fjords, bays, and shores, where glacial sheets meet alpine peaks, red sandstone mountains, and verdant tundra.
- Cruise to seldom-seen areas in search of the polar bear, “King of the Arctic.”
- Remarkable wildlife—whales, walruses, seals, Svalbard reindeer, Arctic foxes, northern fulmars, and Arctic terns.
- Zodiac excursions led by an expedition team of naturalists with expertise spanning marine biology, ornithology, glaciology, conservation, history, photography, and lectures aboard ship on natural wonders and wildlife.
- Opportunities for this exclusively chartered, ice-class ship to adjust course to maximize wildlife sightings.
- Includes flights round trip Copenhagen/Longyearbyen.
- Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages throughout the cruise and complimentary Wi-Fi aboard ship (conditions permitting).
- Copenhagen Pre-Program Option and Norway Post-Program Option.
Day 1 - Depart the U.S. or Canada
Day 2 - Arrive in Copenhagen, Denmark
Day 3 - Copenhagen / Fly to Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen, Norway’s Svalbard Archipelago / Embark Le Boréal
Day 4 - Hornsund for Burgerbukta Bay/ Samarin Glacier
Day 5 - Bellsund for Calypsobyen / Camp Millar
Day 6 - Cruising the Arctic Ice Pack
Day 7 - Måkeøyane, Woodfjorden / Monaco Glacier
Day 8 - Raudfjorden for Smeerenburg
Day 9 - Ny-Ålesund / Kongsfjorden for King’s Glacier
Day 10 - Longyearbyen / Disembark ship / Fly to Copenhagen, Denmark
Day 11 - Copenhagen/Return to the U.S. or Canada
Please note that the itinerary, cruising pattern, excursions and positionings are dependent on weather, ice, and sea conditions and are subject to change.
Five-Star, Small Ship
Join us aboard the exclusively chartered, five-star Le Boréal, where distinctive French sophistication meets innovative nautical design. The ship’s efficient electrical propulsion system and custom stabilizers provide an exceptionally smooth, quiet, and comfortable voyage. Each of the 110 ocean-view staterooms and suites range from 200 to 484 square feet, and most have a private balcony.
SKT Petri is located in the very heart of Copenhagen’s lively Latin Quarter close to restaurants and the shopping street. It is only 20 minutes away from the airport by metro. With 288 luxury rooms, some of which have a balcony or terrace, Skt. Petri truly puts the city towers at your feet. All rooms are equipped with air conditioning and free Wi-Fi, to cool down and stay connected. The unique hotel creates the perfect frame for a contemporary lifestyle, accompanied by the hotel’s excellent service and gastronomy. Skt. Petri is a truly inspirational hotel–the Danish mindset at the service of discerning global travellers.
Clarion Hotel Copenhagen Airport is located at Terminal 3 of the Copenhagen Airport.
Copenhagen Pre-Program Option
Enjoy a cruise of Copenhagen’s idyllic canals, where you will see landmarks including the historical Naval Church, the Old Stock Exchange, and view The Sixtus Battery and the Three Crowns Sea Fortress—two of the oldest structures of the Holmen naval complex and part of the original fortifications of Copenhagen dating from the 17th and 18th centuries. Call at Christiansborg to see the palace gardens and courtyards as well as the royal residence of Amalienborg Palace. See the iconic Little Mermaid statue, unveiled in 1913 in tribute to the fairytale by Danish author Hans Christian Anderson. Visit the popular Tivoli Gardens and admire the historical architecture, stunning gardens, and twinkling lights that surround the park’s various attractions. Tour the Viking Ship Museum and see five original Skuldelev Viking ships, where you can immerse yourself in the Nordic maritime adventures. Visit the UNESCO-inscribed Roskilde Cathedral, where the Danish royal family has been buried since the Reformation, and an exemplary reference of memorial architecture. Spend two nights in the ideally located, five-star Hotel Skt. Petri.
Wonders of Norway Post-program Option
Oslo, Fjords, and Bergen by Flåm Mountain Railway and Coastal Ferry
Immerse yourself in majestic Norwegian landscapes and Scandinavian culture on this unique, five-night journey from Oslo to Bergen. Explore the highlights of vibrant Oslo on a walking tour and learn more about Norwegian exploration with visits to the Kon-Tiki Museum and Fram Museum. Revel in the dramatic scenery of Sognefjord on a private cruise into UNESCO World Heritage-designated Nærøyfjord. Travel through pristine fjordlands on the Bergen Line Train and Flåm Railway, one of the world’s most scenic train rides, amid the tranquil landscape of snowcapped mountains and alpine lakes. Tour the historical city of Bergen, including Bryggen (the old wharf)—a UNESCO World Heritage Site—and visit Troldhaugen, the former home of famed composer Edvard Grieg. Spend one night each in the five-star Grand Hotel Oslo and historical Stalheim Hotel, and two nights in the deluxe Radisson Blu Royal Bergen Hotel.
The Pre- and Post-Program Options are available at additional cost. Details will be provided with your reservation confirmation.
Ready to Begin Your Journey?
We'll contact you. No obligation.Reserve My Spot