Northern Italy’s fabled Lake District beckons with its shimmering glacial waters, soaring Alpine peaks, and bijou towns on a 7-night itinerary that immerses you in the distinct bella figura Italian style that has inspired poets, composers, artists, and philosophers for centuries. Visit Bellagio; Villa del Balbianello; Stresa; Isola Bella; and Sacro Monte di Orta, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. In Milan, visit the Duomo and Teatro alla Scala, and enjoy a specially arranged viewing of Leonardo da Vinci’s The Last Supper.
There is also a Fall departure of this program.
- Comprehensive Italian soggiorno in the fabled region that has inspired renowned writers and artists for centuries.
- Accommodations for 7 nights in the charming Palace Hotel—right in the heart of medieval Como and just steps away from historical monuments, family-owned negozi (shops), and old-world ambiance.
- This small group program allows for an authentic experience of life in the Italian Lake District in the foothills of the majestic Alps.
- Private boat tours on Lake Como, Lake Maggiore, and Lake Orta.
- Enriching lectures by a local Como resident and historian.
- Visit the stunning 18th-century Villa del Balbianello and Gardens, with some time at your own pace in the renowned lake town of Bellagio.
- Full-day excursion to Milan featuring the impressive Duomo, the exquisite Teatro alla Scala, and the UNESCO-inscribed Convent of Santa Maria delle Grazie for a specially arranged viewing of Leonardo da Vinci’s The Last Supper.
- Exclusive excursion to Lake Orta featuring Orta San Giulio, one of Italy’s most beautiful villages, and the 16th-century chapels atop the Sacro Monte di Orta, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Exclusive Village Life® Forum featuring local residents.
Day 1 - Depart Home City
Day 2 - Milan, Italy / Lake Como
Day 3 - Como
Day 4 - Lake Maggiore / Borromean Islands / Stresa
Day 5 - Milan
Day 6 - Lake Como / Villa del Balbianello / Bellagio
Day 7 - Lake Orta / Orta San Giulio / Sacro Monte di Orta
Day 8 - Como
Day 9 - Como / Milan / Return to home city
View detailed program itinerary >
A Fall version of this program also exists.
The ideally located, classic belle-époque Palace Hotel is a delightful establishment with an ideal setting on the lungolago—the lakefront promenade—overlooking Lake Como, just steps away from Como’s beautiful marble Duomo and the medieval, pedestrian-only town center. Venetian stucco artistry, Italian marble, and antique furniture provide subtle touches of 19th-century elegance throughout the hotel.
Its expertly landscaped gardens are the perfect setting to admire enchanting views across Lake Como. The Garden Bar Ceccato, with its summer terrace overlooking the lake, is an excellent setting to enjoy the hotel’s renowned homemade ice cream or a cappuccino.
Each of the hotel’s 94 renovated guest rooms is tastefully appointed with a private bathroom, air conditioning, satellite television, minibar, and hair dryer. Meals feature fresh seasonal Italian ingredients, local specialties, and international cuisine. Regional wine selections accompany dinner. The hotel staff provides exceptional service.
Gohagan & Company reserves the right to correct errors or omissions and to change any and all fares, fees, promotions and surcharges at any time.
Ready to Begin Your Journey?
We'll contact you. No obligation.Reserve My Spot