Immerse yourself in the essence of Italian life in the fabled Lake District for one full week, with charming accommodations in the heart of lovely Como at the Palace Hotel. Cruise by private boat on Lake Como, Lake Maggiore, and Lake Orta. Excursions feature Bellagio, Villa del Balbianello, Stresa, Isola Bella, and the Sacro Monte di Orta. Visit Milan’s Duomo and Teatro alla Scala and see Leonardo da Vinci’s The Last Supper. Enriching lectures and the exclusive Village Life® Forum with local residents bring personal perspectives of the region’s modern life and cultural heritage. Verona and Venice Post-Program Option. A Spring version of this program also exists.
- Comprehensive Italian soggiorno in the fabled region that has inspired renowned writers and artists for centuries.
- Accommodations for seven nights in the charming Palace Hotel in the heart of medieval Como—just steps away from historical monuments, family-owned negozi, or shops, and old-world ambiance.
- This small group program allows for an authentic experience of life in the Italian Lake District in the foothills of the majestic Alps.
- Private boat tours on Lake Como, Lake Maggiore, and Lake Orta, an undiscovered gem.
- Enriching lectures by local Como resident and by a resident art historian.
- Visit the stunning 18th-century Villa del Balbianello and gardens and time at your own pace in the renowned lake town of Bellagio.
- Full-day excursion to Milan featuring the impressive Duomo, the exquisite Teatro alla Scala, and the UNESCO-inscribed Convent of Santa Maria delle Grazie, for a specially arranged viewing of Leonardo da Vinci’s The Last Supper.
- Exclusive excursion to Lake Orta featuring Orta San Giulio, one of Italy’s most beautiful villages and the 16th-century chapels atop the Sacro Monte di Orta, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Exclusive Village Life® Forum featuring local residents.
- Bologna and Florence Post-Program Option.
Day 1 - Depart the U.S. or Canada
Day 2 - Milan, Italy / Lake Como
Day 3 - Como
Day 4 - Lake Maggiore / Borromean Islands / Stresa
Day 5 - Milan
Day 6 - Lake Como / Villa del Balbianello / Bellagio
Day 7 - Lake Orta / Orta San Giulio / Sacro Monte di Orta
Day 8 - Como
Day 9 - Como / Milan / Return to the U.S. or Canada
A Spring version of this program also exists.
The ideally located, classic belle-époque Palace Hotel is a delightful establishment with an ideal setting on the lungolago—the lakefront promenade—overlooking Lake Como, just steps away from Como’s beautiful marble Duomo and the medieval, pedestrian-only town center. Venetian stucco artistry, Italian marble and antique furniture provide subtle touches of 19th-century elegance throughout the hotel.
Its expertly landscaped gardens are the perfect setting to admire enchanting views across Lake Como. The Garden Bar Ceccato, with its summer terrace overlooking the lake, is an excellent setting to enjoy the hotel’s renowned homemade ice cream or a cappuccino.
Each of the hotel’s 94 renovated guest rooms is tastefully appointed with a private bathroom, air conditioning, satellite television, minibar, and hair dryer. Meals feature fresh seasonal Italian ingredients, local specialties, and international cuisine. Regional wine selections accompany dinner. The hotel staff provides exceptional service.
Bologna and Florence Post-Program Option
Conclude your tour with a four-night extension featuring Bologna and Florence, both UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Enjoy a tour of Bologna’s storied medieval square, from Piazza Malpighi to Piazza Maggiore. Visit the legendary Basilica of San Petronio and admire the 17th-century Anatomical Theater at Archiginnasio. Explore Florence’s historical center and view Filippo Brunelleschi’s dome on the Duomo and Lorenzo Ghiberti’s bronze-cast “Doors of Paradise.” Enjoy an afternoon at the Uffizi Gallery to admire works by Botticelli, Giotto, Michelangelo, and Leonardo da Vinci. Also take a tour of Ravenna’s historical center to see the stunning Ravenna Cathedral and the majestic Basilica of Sant’Apollinare Nuovo. Accommodations are in the historic Hotel Corona D’oro Bologna in the heart of Bologna.
The Post-Program Option is available at additional cost. Details will be provided with your reservation confirmation.
Ready to Begin Your Journey?
We'll contact you. No obligation.Reserve My Spot