Travel into the majestic grasslands of Africa’s premier safari destination to observe one of Earth’s greatest spectacles—the annual Great Migration of vast herds of wildebeest followed by zebra, gazelle, and Cape buffalo. This incredible 9-night journey features immersive game drives in 3 of Tanzania’s most prestigious game parks—Serengeti National Park, Lake Manyara National Park, and Tarangire National Park—as well as the UNESCO-inscribed Ngorongoro Conservation Area. Watch Tanzania's "endless plains" unfold when you fly aboard a privately chartered aircraft from the Serengeti to Arusha with an optional hot air balloon excursion.
*Select departures operate in the reverse direction.
- Exclusive 12-day, 9-night air and land safari featuring immersive game drives, with 3 nights in the heart of Serengeti National Park.
- Journey of a lifetime amidst one of Earth’s greatest natural spectacles—the phenomenal Great Migration.
- Small group size for the optimal game-viewing experience—the best way to experience a safari in Tanzania.
- View the “endless plains” between Arusha and the Serengeti aboard a privately chartered aircraft designed to fly into remote areas.
- Visit three of Tanzania’s finest game parks—Lake Manyara, Tarangire, and the Serengeti—and UNESCO World Heritage-designated Ngorongoro Conservation Area.
- Game drive en route from Segengeti National Park to Ngorongoro Conservation Area, including a visit to Olduvai Gorge, the “cradle of mankind,” with a talk by the local curator.
- Full-day game drive into the UNESCO World Heritage-designated Ngorongoro Conservation Area aboard a four-wheel drive land cruiser, including a picnic lunch.
- Accommodations in award-winning Serena Safari Lodges and an authentic tented lodge.
Day 1 - Depart Home City
Day 2 - Arusha, Tanzania
Day 3 - Arusha / Serengeti National Park
Day 4 - Serengeti National Park
Day 5 - Serengeti National Park
Day 6 - Serengeti National Park / Olduvai Gorge / Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Day 7 - Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Day 8 - Ngorongoro Conservation Area / Lake Manyara National Park
Day 9 - Lake Manyara National Park / Maramboi
Day 10 - Tarangire National Park
Day 11 - Maramboi / Arusha /Return to home city
Day 12 - Arrive in home city
This program also runs in the reverse direction.
Serena Hotels and Safari Lodges
This program features the deluxe, award-winning Serena Hotels and Safari Lodges that have provided deluxe accommodations for over 40 years. Ideally located in the heart of game reserves and lush mountain villages, these lodges immerse you in the largest concentration of wildlife and offer a unique local experience with tasteful, modern facilities. You will stay in Serena Hotels and Safari Lodges in Arusha, Lake Manyara, Ngorongoro, and Serengeti.
Maramboi Tented Camp
Located on the southern shore of Lake Manyara and just outside of the Tarangire National Park, the Maramboi Tented Camp offers stellar views of the Great Rift Valley in classic, luxury-safari style. You'll have your own beautiful tent upon raised wood platforms with a private terrace where you might encounter giraffes, gazelles, warthogs, or zebras. All tents have lovely bathrooms with showers.
Enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime, bird’s eye view of the Serengeti’s magnificent plains and wildlife during an optional early morning hot air balloon flight. Take in an unmatched panorama as far as the eye can see as you glide over vast terrain. On landing, enjoy an English breakfast served with sparkling white wine.
The Optional Excursion is available at an additional cost. Space is limited. Details will be provided with your reservation confirmation.
Ready to Begin Your Journey?
We'll contact you. No obligation.Reserve My Spot