Enjoy the sun-drenched landscapes of the French and Italian Rivieras and islands, renowned as a glamorous retreat for artists, writers, and nobility, on this 5-star, 8-night sail. Immerse yourself in the region’s dynamic history, art, and stunning scenery as you explore 3 UNESCO World Heritage Sites—including Carcassonne’s medieval fortifications and the cliffside villages of Italy’s Cinque Terre. Discover the cultural treasures of Marseille and Aix-en-Provence, the Prince’s Palace of Monaco, and Corsica’s fortified town of Bonifacio. Extend your journey with the Barcelona Pre-Program and/or Rome Post-Program Options.
- Ten-day, 8-night, 5-star cruise from Barcelona, Spain, to Rome, Italy, featuring a private boat tour along the coast of Cinque Terre.
- Sail aboard the Wind Star, an intimate, 4-masted motor yacht featuring ocean-view accommodation for all of its 148 guests.
- Cruise the Tyrrhenian, Ligurian, and Mediterranean seas with a port call every day and all shore excursions included.
- Spend a day exploring Carcassonne, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the best-preserved medieval cities in Europe for a tour.
- Explore Aix-en-Provence’s historical Old Town and enjoy free time at the market.
- Discover the studio of Post‑Impressionist painter Cezanne in Aix-en-Provence and stroll the famed Cours Mirabeau.
- Visit Mont Boron for panoramic views of the Old Port of Nice, the village of Villefranche‑sur-Mer, and the stunning Cap‑Ferrat peninsula.
- Tour the Old Town of Monaco and visit the Cathedral where many of its leaders are buried, including Grace Kelly and Prince Rainier.
- Private boat cruise along the coast of UNESCO-inscribed Cinque Terre.
- Visit to Elba Island and Villa Dei Mulini, where Napoleon Bonaparte stayed during his exile.
- See the majestic Napoleonic Theatre of Vigilanti and the Porta Mare in Portoferraio on the island of Elba.
- In Bonifacio, take a walking tour to the Citadel and Old Town to see St. Dominique church; Place Bir Hakeim; St. Jean Baptiste church; and Le Grain de Sable—a limestone rock formation.
Day 1 - Depart Home City
Day 2 - Barcelona, Spain / Embark Wind Star
Day 3 - Port Vendres, France, for Carcassonne
Day 4 - Marseille for Aix-en-Provence
Day 5 - Nice / Monaco / Monte Carlo
Day 6 - Genoa, Italy / Portofino
Day 7 - Porto Venere for Cinque Terre
Day 8 - Portoferraio, Elba
Day 9 - Bonifacio, Corsica, France
Day 10 - Civitavecchia, Italy / Disembark ship / Rome / Return to home city
Five-Star, Small Sailing Ship
The intimate, 4-masted Wind Star offers an unforgettable 5-star sailing experience. This small ship is designed to sail from deep seas into lagoons and ports inaccessible to larger vessels. Wind Star's gourmet dining and wide teak decks with unobscured views provide a private sailing experience to each guest.
Barcelona — Pre-Program Option
Experience the lively capital city of Catalonia, Barcelona, once an ancient Roman trading port. See the Barri Gòtic (Gothic Quarter), the city’s old‑world center, with its Roman walls, and the labyrinthine streets. Tour architect Antoni Gaudí’s extraordinary UNESCO World Heritage Site, Basílica de la Sagrada Família, and visit the Picasso Museum. Explore Park Güell, designed by Gaudi in the early 20th century. Accommodations of two nights
in the 5‑star Majestic Hotel & Spa.
Rome — Post Program Option
Capital of the Roman Empire and a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the “Eternal City” of Rome showcases its spectacular landmarks from centuries as a nucleus of culture, religion, and political power. Tour magnificent St. Peter’s Basilica and the opulent Vatican Museums, including the Sistine Chapel. Visit the fifth‑century Church of St. Peter in Chains, the iconic Colosseum, and the historic Roman Forum. Accommodations of three nights in the 5-star Westin Excelsior Rome.
The Pre- and Post-Program Options are available at an additional cost. Details will be provided with your reservation confirmation.
Ready to Begin Your Journey?
We'll contact you. No obligation.Reserve My Spot