Begin your 7-night expedition in the Colón, Panama, to immerse yourself in local culture and learn about the traditional way of life. Spend 2 days exploring Panama City and experience a daylight passage through the awe-inspiring Panama Canal—an experience unmatched for sheer drama and engineering prowess. Explore the wonders of Costa Rica’s seldom-visited Cébaco Island; diverse Manuel Antonio National Park; and colorful Curú National Wildlife Refuge. Enhance your experience with the Panama and/or Arenal and San José Optional Extensions.
*This program also runs in the reverse direction for the March 1 to 9, 2024 travel dates.
- Nine-day, 7-night cruise from Colón, Panama, to Puntarenas, Costa Rica, featuring a daytime passage through the Panama Canal.
- Exclusively chartered cruise aboard the 5-star expedition ship Le Dumont d'Urville, featuring 92 suites and staterooms—each with a private balcony.
- Cruise from the Pacific Ocean to the Caribbean Sea through the Panama Canal.
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage-designated historic district of Casco Antiguo, a charming neighborhood with cobblestone streets and architecturally significant edifices.
- Snorkel in the emerald waters of the seldom-visited Cébaco Island, where schools of brilliantly colored fish, giant manta rays, and 4 different species of turtles swim amid spectacular rock reefs.
- Watch for colorful toucans, screeching howler monkeys, camouflaged iguanas, arboreal squirrel monkeys, and rambunctious capuchin monkeys under the guidance of expert naturalists on a tour of Manuel Antonio National Park.
- Panama and Arenal & San José Optional Extensions.
*This tour also runs in the reverse direction for the March 1 to 9, 2024 travel dates.
Day 1 - Depart home city/Colón, Panama/Embark Le Dumont d’Urville
Day 2 - Colón/Panama Canal
Day 3 - Panama City
Day 4 - Cébaco Island
Day 5 - Rio Seco Rainforest
Day 6 - Quepos for Manuel Antonio National Park
Day 7 - Curú National Wildlife Refuge/Playa Muertos
Day 8 - Puntarenas/San José
Day 9 - San José/Return to home city
Itinerary will also operate in the reverse direction for the March 1 to 9, 2024 travel dates.
Le Dumont d'Urville
Exclusively Chartered, Five-Star Luxury Small Ship
Le Dumont d'Urville, launched in 2019, ushers in a new generation of 5-star small ships, combining revolutionary design and a new standard of luxury for unparalleled cruising. Dock in smaller ports inaccessible to larger ships, where authentic cultural experiences and majestic scenery await you.
Panama Optional Extension
Experience Panama City’s rich indigenous culture, compelling colonial history, and contemporary élan on a 3-day tour that includes visits to Panama La Vieja, the Agua Clara Visitor Center, and a cruise along the Gatún River to meet indigenous Emberá people. Spend 2 nights in an ideally located, luxury hotel.
Arenal and San José Optional Extension
Explore Costa Rica’s diverse biospheres, from steamy hot springs to misty cloud forests, on this dynamic 4-day program. Accommodations for 4 nights in ideally located, luxury hotels.
Depending on your chosen departure date, optional extensions may be a Pre-Program or Post-Program.
Optional Extensions are available at an additional cost. Details will be provided with your reservation confirmation.
Ready to Begin Your Journey?
We'll contact you. No obligation.Reserve My Spot