Experience one of the world’s greatest dramatic spectacles amid storybook Bavarian landscapes—the extravagant Passion Play, staged once a decade by the quaint village of Oberammergau. With a cast of thousands and a legacy that encompasses nearly four centuries, Oberammergau is a rare and exceptional tradition. This custom itinerary blends remarkable history with stunning scenery, featuring a five-night deluxe cruise along the Danube River, two nights in the idyllic Bavarian Alps, and two nights in Munich. Visit four countries—Hungary, Slovakia, Austria, and Germany. Tour Budapest, Vienna, Melk Abbey, Bratislava, and Salzburg. See the fairy-tale Neuschwanstein Castle, the inspiration for Walt Disney’s iconic Sleeping Beauty Castle. Extend your journey with the Budapest Pre-Program and Berlin Post-Program Options.
- Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see the highly anticipated, world-renowned Oberammergau Passion Play. Over 2,000 village residents now reenact the crucifixion and resurrection of Christ, drawing pilgrims from around the world.
- Extraordinary, custom-designed, 11-day itinerary offered exclusively by Gohagan & Company, combining the 2022 Oberammergau Passion Play and the fabled Danube River.
- Guaranteed unobstructed seating for the Passion Play, the 42nd decennial production since the 1600s.
- Two nights in the majestic Bavarian Alps, near the charming village of Oberammergau.
- Five-night cruise through the heart of Europe on an exclusively chartered, deluxe small river boat of the Amadeus fleet.
- Two nights in Munich, including a city tour and a visit to the splendid Palace of Nymphenburg.
- Visit four countries—Hungary, Slovakia, Austria, Germany—and experience five UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Tour Budapest, “Pearl of the Danube,” including its 13th-century Castle District and the Fisherman’s Bastion.
- Tour picturesque medieval Salzburg, birthplace of Mozart and filming location for many The Sound of Music scenes.
- See the fairy-tale Neuschwanstein Castle, the inspiration for Walt Disney’s iconic Sleeping Beauty Castle.
- Tour the Habsburgs’ opulent Schönbrunn Palace and Gardens in Vienna.
Day 1 - Depart the U.S. or Canada
Day 2 - Arrive in Budapest, Hungary / Embark boat
Day 3 - Budapest
Day 4 - Bratislava, Slovakia
Day 5 - Vienna, Austria
Day 6 - Melk
Day 7 - Passau, Germany / Disembark boat / Salzburg, Austria / Oberammergau, Germany
Day 8 - Oberammergau Passion Play
Day 9 - Oberammergau / Neuschwanstein Castle / Munich
Day 10 - Munich
Day 11 - Munich / Return to the U.S. or Canada
Deluxe European River Boats
The meticulously crafted, deluxe Amadeus fleet sets new standards in boat design and technology and features the comforts of a refined and traditional hotel, including complimentary onboard Wi-Fi.
Each exclusively chartered river boat offers up to 84 river-view, air conditioned, stylishly appointed suites (up to 284 square feet) and staterooms (from 161 square feet), among the most spacious of any European river boat.
Hungarian Tradition in Budapest Pre-Program Option
Budapest’s majestic hills and artistic, bohemian avenues are sure to captivate you. Visit the stately, Gothic Revival-style Parliament Building, one of Europe’s oldest legislative buildings and Hungary’s largest, and enjoy an excursion into Hungary’s great, protected Puszta (plains) for an expert display of master horsemanship and a traditional regional lunch—an authentic and unforgettable experience. Enjoy river-view accommodations for two nights in the five-star InterContinental Budapest.
Berlin Post-Program Option
Known for its world-class museums and eclectic architecture, Berlin is one of Europe’s preeminent cultural centers. Enjoy a half-day city tour featuring the Brandenburg Gate, Bellevue Palace, Humboldt University, and Berlin Cathedral. Experience the city from a different perspective on an exclusive Spree River cruise. Visit the Wall Museum at historic Checkpoint Charlie, the former border crossing between East and West Berlin. Explore the Pergamon Museum on UNESCO World Heritage-designated Museum Island. Accommodations are for three nights in the deluxe Westin Grand Berlin Hotel.
Pre-Program and Post-Program Options are available at additional cost. Details will be provided with your reservation confirmation.
Ready to Begin Your Journey?
We'll contact you. No obligation.Reserve My Spot