Experience the otherworldly beauty of the naturally occurring Aurora Borealis, more commonly known as the Northern Lights, on this unique, 7-night land program. Discover Iceland’s “Big Three” wonders, known as the Golden Circle—the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Thingvellir National Park; the two-tiered “Golden Waterfall” of Gullfoss; and Strokkur, an active geyser that erupts every few minutes. Experience an excursion to the Bridge Between Continents, the boundary between the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates—where rifts have formed as the land gradually drifts apart—and join guides as you chase
the iconic lights at the optimum time of year.
- Enjoy surreal views of lava fields surrounding the thermal waters in the Blue Lagoon.
- Discover Iceland’s first permanent settlement in Reykjavík, which is today the most northern national capital city in the world and the most western capital city of Europe.
- Explore The Reykjanes Peninsula with a visit to the Geldingadalur Volcano.
- Embark on a city tour of Akureyri, nicknamed the "Capital of North Iceland" and an important port and fishing center.
- Walk among the surreal “dark castle” lava formations of Dimmuborgir and drive along the shores of Lake Mývatn.
- See Siglufjörður, one of Iceland’s most dramatically sited towns, and visit its Herring Era Museum, which recreates the history of fish salting and oil processing during the early 20th century.
Day 1 - Depart home city
Day 2 - Arrive in Reykjavík, Iceland
Day 3 - Reykjavík
Day 4 - Reykjavík/Golden Circle
Day 5 - Reykjavík to Akureyri
Day 6 - Akureyri/Dimmuborgir/Mývatn/Námaskarð/Goðafoss
Day 7 - Akureyri/Siglufjörður
Day 8 - Akureyri/Snaefellsnes/Reykjavík
Day 9 - Reykjavík/Return to home city
Hotel Borg, Reykjavík
A sophisticated landmark in the heart of Reykjavík, Hotel Borg has been welcoming heads of state and travelers for nearly a century. Overlooking the gardens and cafes of Iceland’s main square, the hotel is surrounded by such illustrious landmarks as the parliament building and the national cathedral. Revel in the understated elegance of Art Deco interiors, including custom furnishings, large bathtubs, and heated marble floors. The lower level offers a dedicated spa, while shops, restaurants, and cafes are just steps away.
Hotel Kea, Akureyri
Set in the heart of Iceland’s second city overlooking a stunning fjord, Hotel Kea exudes a classic ambience in the center of Akureyri, the gateway to Iceland’s north. Enjoy the hotel’s welcoming service and refined interiors. Climb the grand steps to the Church of Akureyri next door or stroll to nearby shops, museums, and gardens from this boutique property’s prime location.
Ready to Begin Your Journey?
We'll contact you. No obligation.Reserve My Spot