Call on the islands of Volos, Delos, Mykonos, Patmos, Rhodes, and Santorini on this epic, eight-night voyage.Enjoy excursions to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Meteora; Delos’ classical ruins, including the Sanctuary of Apollo and the theater quarter; the archaeological site and ancient ruins of Ephesus; and Santorini, believed to be the legendary lost city of Atlantis. Discuss life on the islands with local residents during the Island Life® forum. Extend your journey with the Athens Pre-Program and/or Delphi Post-Program Options.
- Nine-day, eight-night, 5-star cruise round-trip Athens, Greece, on the Aegean Sea.
- Visit up to 6 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, showcasing the culture and architecture of ancient Greece and Turkey.
- Call on islands steeped in myth and history—Delos, Mykonos, Patmos, Santorini, and Rhodes.
- Walk through legendary ruins of Ephesus, Turkey, and the UNESCO-inscribed Meteora.
- Exclusive Island Life® forum with local residents who will discuss contemporary living.
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Delos—the legendary birthplace of Artemis and Apollo—and walk along the Sacred Way to the Sanctuary of Apollo. Also see the legendary Terrace of the Lions, where hand-carved marble statues have guarded the island for nearly 2,600 years.
- Arrive in Kusadasi, Turkey, and drive to Ephesus, a vast archaeological site of Greek, Roman, and Byzantine ruins.
- In Patmos, visit the Greek Orthodox Monastery of St. John and see the Cave of the Apocalypse, where St. John the Apostle most likely wrote the Book of Revelation in A.D. 95.
- Dock in Rhodes at the wall of Rhodes Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and visit the 14th-century Palace of the Grand Masters.
- Athens Pre-Program Option and Delphi and Thebes Post-Program Option.
Day 1 - Depart Home City
Day 2 - Athens, Greece / Embark Le Bougainville
Day 3 - Volos for Meteora
Day 4 - Delos / Mykonos
Day 5 - Kusadasi, Turkey for Ephesus
Day 6 - Patmes, Greece
Day 7 - Rhodes / Lindos
Day 8 - Santorini
Day 9 - Athens / Disembark ship / Return to home city
Exclusively Chartered, Five-Star Luxury Small Ship
Le Bougainville, launched in 2019, ushers in a new generation of 5-star small ships, combining revolutionary design and a new standard of luxury for unparalleled cruising. Dock in smaller ports inaccessible to larger ships, where authentic cultural experiences and majestic scenery await you.
Classical Athens Pre-Program Option
Begin your journey with an immersive experience in the ancient city of Athens. Explore the monumental Acropolis, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and its perfectly proportioned Parthenon, a graceful example of Doric architecture. Tour the archaeological treasures of the Acropolis Museum and enjoy the colorful neighborhood of Plaka, the oldest section of Athens. Discover the idyllic coves and sparkling Aegean waters of Cape Sounion and follow the ancient route of Pericles to the Temple of Poseidon—where 15 of the original 34 Doric columns are remarkably still standing. Accommodations are for two nights in the five-star Hotel Grande Bretagne.
Oracle of Delphi and Antiquities of Thebes Post-Program Option
Extend your journey with a two-night itinerary exploring Delphi, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and Thiva, or Thebes—featuring a visit to the Archaeological Museum of Thebes, where exhibits span from the Neolithic era to the end of the Ottoman rule. Tour Delphi and visit the Delphi Archaeological Museum. Walk on the Sacred Way to see the Treasury of Athens, the Temple of Apollo, the theater, and the impressive stadium. Spend one night in the Domotel Anemolia Hotel and one night in the Sofitel Athens Airport Hotel.
Pre-Program and Post-Program Options are available at an additional cost. Details will be provided with your reservation confirmation.
Ready to Begin Your Journey?
We'll contact you. No obligation.Reserve My Spot