Explore the storied legacies and dynamic cultures of coastal Portugal, Spain, France, and England and commemorate the historic D-Day landings on this one-of-a-kind itinerary. Discover Portugal’s renowned wine country, walk in the footsteps of ancient pilgrims in Santiago de Compostela, visit Bilbao’s iconic Guggenheim Museum, see UNESCO-inscribed Mont Saint Michel’s impressive abbey, and walk the hallowed D-Day beaches of Normandy. Special guest Dwight D. Eisenhower II, historian and grandson of General and President Dwight D. Eisenhower, accompanies you to the hallowed D-Day beaches of Normandy. Extend your journey with the Lisbon Pre-Program and London Post-Program Options.
- Uniquely designed, eight-night cruise itinerary available only through Gohagan & Company.
- Exclusively chartered cruise aboard one of two five-star small ships, Le Bellot or Le Champlain, with private balconies in all suites and staterooms.
- Visit four countries—Portugal, Spain, France, and England—with access to ports and waterways unavailable to larger vessels and all shore excursions included.
- Visit the historic beaches of Normandy alongs side featured guest speaker Professor Dwight D. Eisenhower II, historian and grandson of General and President Dwight D. Eisenhower.
- Explore three UNESCO World Heritage Sites—Oporto, Santiago de Compostela, and Mont-Saint-Michel.
- Visit the wonderful Guggenheim Museum in beautiful Bilbao, Spain, iconic both as an architectural marvel and for its astounding collection of modern and contemporary art.
- Once-in-a-lifetime cruise from the English Channel up the River Thames to London’s storied Tower Bridge, only possible on a small ship.
- Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages available throughout the cruise.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access (conditions permitting).
- Lisbon Pre-Program and London Post-Program Options.
Day 1 - Depart home city
Day 2 - Lisbon, Portugal / Embark Le Bellot or Le Champlain
Day 3 - Leixões for Oporto
Day 4 - A Coruña, Spain / Santiago de Compostela
Day 5 - Santander for Bilbao
Day 6 - Cruising the Bay of Biscay
Day 7 - Saint-Malo, France / Mont-Saint-Michel
Day 8 - Caen / Normandy Beaches
Day 9 - Cruising the English Channel / River Thames to London’s Tower Bridge, England
Day 10 - London / Disembark ship / Return to home city
These elegant, exclusively chartered, Five-Star Luxury Small Ships feature private balconies on all staterooms and suites, complementary alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, and warm and inviting public areas.
Le Bellot and Le Champlain
Le Bellot, launched in 2020, and Le Champlain, launched 2018, usher in a new generation of five-star small ships, combining revolutionary design and a new standard of luxury for unparalleled cruising. Dock in smaller ports inaccessible to larger ships, where authentic cultural experiences and majestic scenery await you.
Old World Lisbon Pre-Program Option
Experience the cinematic streetscapes, medieval passageways, and timeless rituals of Lisbon—one of Europe’s most visually appealing capitals. Savor stunning Portuguese art on a walking tour of the Bairro Alto District; visit the fascinating National Coach Museum and Jerónimos Monastery; and stop by the captivating five-story fortress of Belém Tower. Enjoy breathtaking views on a scenic drive to Sintra, immortalized in English poetry by Lord Byron and noted for its natural beauty and resplendent palaces. Accommodations are for two nights in the deluxe Dom Pedro Lisboa.
London’s Enduring History Post-Program Option
Explore the storied history and vibrant modernity of London, a compelling city that continues to rewrite its narrative and make each visit more enjoyable than the last. Visit the legendary Tower of London and Westminster Abbey, both UNESCO World Heritage Sites, and step into Churchill’s Cabinet War Room—a secret World War II bunker where the Prime Minister and his staff charted a course to victory. Spend two nights in the five-star InterContinental London Park Lane, ideally located near Buckingham Palace.
The Pre-Program and Post-Program Options are available at additional cost. Details will be provided with your reservation confirmation.
Professor David Eisenhower
Grandson of General and President Dwight D. Eisenhower, Professor David Eisenhower is a noted historian of World War II and the Cold War. His 1986 bestseller, Eisenhower: At War 1943–1945, was a finalist for the Pulitzer Prize in History. Eisenhower received a B.A. in history cum laude from Amherst College. Following graduation, he served in the United States Naval Reserve for three years as an officer on the USS Albany; shortly afterward, he earned his J.D. cum laude from The George Washington University Law School. Today, Eisenhower is Senior Fellow of the Foreign Policy Research Institute and a Public Policy Fellow at the Annenberg School of Communication and the School of Arts and Sciences at the University of Pennsylvania, where he teaches “Communication and the Presidency.”
Gohagan & Company reserves the right to correct errors or omissions and to change any and all fares, fees, promotions and surcharges at any time.
Ready to Begin Your Journey?
We'll contact you. No obligation.Reserve My Spot