Explore the storied legacies and dynamic cultures of coastal Portugal, Spain, France and England and commemorate the historic D-Day landings on this one-of-a-kind itinerary. Discover Portugal’s renowned wine country, walk in the footsteps of ancient pilgrims in Santiago de Compostela, visit Bilbao’s iconic Guggenheim Museum, and see UNESCO-inscribed Mont Saint Michel’s impressive abbey. Special guest Dwight D. Eisenhower II, historian and grandson of General and President Dwight D. Eisenhower, accompanies you to the hallowed D-Day beaches of Normandy. Extend your journey with the Lisbon Pre-Program and
London Post-Program Options.
- Uniquely designed, eight-night cruise itinerary available only through Gohagan & Company.
- Exclusively chartered cruise aboard one of two five-star small ships, Le Bellot or Le Champlain, with private balconies in all suites and staterooms.
- Visit four countries—Portugal, Spain, France, and England—with access to ports and waterways unavailable to larger vessels and all shore excursions included.
- Visit the historic beaches of Normandy, accompanied by Professor Eisenhower.
- Explore three UNESCO World Heritage Sites—Oporto, Santiago de Compostela, and Mont-Saint-Michel.
- Visit the wonderful Guggenheim Museum in beautiful Bilbao, Spain, iconic both as an architectural marvel and for its astounding collection of modern and contemporary art.
- Once-in-a-lifetime cruise from the English Channel up the River Thames to London’s storied Tower Bridge, only possible on a small ship.
- Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages available throughout the cruise.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access (conditions permitting).
- Lisbon Pre-Program and London Post-Program Options.
Day 1 - Depart the U.S. or Canada
Day 2 - Lisbon, Portugal / Embark Le Bellot or Le Champlain
Day 3 - Leixões for Oporto
Day 4 - A Coruña, Spain / Santiago de Compostela
Day 5 - Santander for Bilbao
Day 6 - Cruising the Bay of Biscay
Day 7 - Saint-Malo, France / Mont-Saint-Michel
Day 8 - Caen / Normandy Beaches
Day 9 - Cruising the English Channel / River Thames to London’s Tower Bridge, England
Day 10 - London / Disembark ship / Return to the U.S. or Canada
These elegant, exclusively chartered, Five-Star Luxury Small Ships feature private balconies on all staterooms and suites, complementary alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, and warm and inviting public areas.
Le Bellot and Le Champlain
Le Bellot, launched in 2020, and Le Champlain, launched 2018, usher in a new generation of five-star small ships, combining revolutionary design and a new standard of luxury for unparalleled cruising. Dock in smaller ports inaccessible to larger ships, where authentic cultural experiences and majestic scenery await you.
Old World Lisbon Pre-Program Option
Experience the streetscapes and medieval passageways of Lisbon. Savor Portuguese art on a tour of the Bairro Alto District and stop by the captivating fortress of Belém Tower. Enjoy a scenic drive to Sintra. Accommodations are for two nights in the deluxe Dom Pedro Lisboa.
London’s Enduring History Post-Program Option
Explore the storied history of London, a city that continues to rewrite its narrative. Visit the Tower of London and Westminster Abbey, both UNESCO Sites, and step into Churchill’s Cabinet War Room—which offers a rare glimpse into a secret World War II bunker. Spend two nights in the five-star Intercontinental London Park Lane.
The Pre-Program and Post-Program Options are available at additional cost. Details will be provided with your reservation confirmation.
Dwight David Eisenhower II, grandson of General and President Dwight D. Eisenhower, and noted historian of World War II and the Cold War. His 1986 bestseller, Eisenhower: At War 1943‑1945, was a finalist for the Pulitzer Prize in History. He will accompany you to the Normandy Beaches to attend a poignant wreath-laying ceremony honoring our brave World War II veterans at the very beaches where the pivotal D-Day landings took place.
His lectures will feature:
- Operation Overlord—the concept, planning and personalities behind the D-Day invasion
- Triumph and Tragedy—big-picture consequences of the Allied forces’ Normandy landings
Ready to Begin Your Journey?
We'll contact you. No obligation.Reserve My Spot