Explore the historical legacies and dynamic cultures of coastal Portugal, Spain, France and England. Cruise for eight nights aboard the exclusively chartered, Five-Star small ship Le Dumont-d'Urville / Le Bellot. Enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime cruise up the storied River Thames to London's Tower Bridge. Special guest Dwight D. Eisenhower II, historian and grandson of General and President Dwight D. Eisenhower, accompanies you to the hallowed beaches of Normandy. Explore Oporto in Portugal's renowned wine country, walk in the footsteps of ancient pilgrims in Santiago de Compostela, visit Bilbao's iconic Guggenheim Museum and see Mont-Saint-Michel's impressive abbey. Lisbon Pre-Program and London Post-Program Options.
- Uniquely designed, eight-night cruise itinerary available only through Gohagan & Company.
- Exclusively chartered cruise aboard the Five‑Star small ship Le Dumont-d’Urville or the Le Bellot, with private balconies in all Suites and Staterooms.
- Visit four countries—Portugal, Spain, France and England—with access to ports unavailable to larger vessels and all shore excursions included.
- Visit the historic beaches of Normandy, accompanied by Professor Eisenhower.
- Explore three UNESCO World Heritage sites—Oporto, Santiago de Compostela and Mont-Saint-Michel.
- Visit the iconic Guggenheim Museum in beautiful Bilbao, Spain.
- Once-in-a-lifetime cruise from the English Channel up the River Thames to London’s storied Tower Bridge, possible only by small ship.
- Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages available throughout the cruise.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access (conditions permitting).
- Lisbon Pre-Program and London Post-Program Options.
Day 1 - Depart the U.S. or Canada
Day 2 - Lisbon, Portugal/Embark Le Dumont-d’Urville/Le Bellot
Day 3 - Leixões for Oporto
Day 4 - A Coruña, Spain, for Santiago de Compostela
Day 5 - Santander for Bilbao
Day 6 - Cruising the Bay of Biscay
Day 7 - Saint-Malo, France, for Mont-Saint-Michel
Day 8 - Caen for Normandy Beaches
Day 9 - Cruising the English Channel/River Thames to London’s Tower Bridge, England
Day 10 - London/Disembark ship/Return to the U.S. or Canada
The Le Dumont-d’Urville and the Le Bellot
Exclusively Chartered, Five-Star Luxury Small Ships
The Le Dumont-d’Urville, launched in 2019, and the Le Bellot, launched in 2020, represent a new generation of Five-Star small ships, combining revolutionary design and a new standard of luxury for unparalleled cruising. Dock in smaller ports inaccessible to larger ships, where authentic cultural experiences and majestic scenery await you.
Old World Lisbon Pre-Program Option
Experience the cinematic streetscapes, medieval passageways and timeless rituals of Lisbon, one of Europe’s most visually appealing capitals. Savor stunning Portuguese art on a walking tour of the Bairro Alto District; visit the fascinating National Coach Museum and Jerónimos Monastery; and stop by the captivating five-story fortress of Belém Tower. Enjoy breathtaking views on a scenic drive to Sintra, immortalized in English poetry by Lord Byron and noted for its natural beauty and resplendent palaces. Accommodations are for two nights in the deluxe Dom Pedro Lisboa.
London’s Enduring History Post-Program Option
Explore the storied history and vibrant modernity of London, a compelling city that continues to rewrite its narrative and make each visit more enjoyable than the last. Visit the legendary Tower of London and Westminster Abbey, both UNESCO World Heritage sites, and step into Churchill’s Cabinet War Room—a once‑in‑a‑lifetime glimpse into a secret World War II bunker where the Prime Minister and his staff charted a course to victory. Spend two nights in an ideally located deluxe hotel.
The Pre-Program and Post-Program Options are available at additional cost. Details will be provided with your reservation confirmation.
Historian Dwight David Eisenhower II, grandson of General and President Dwight D. Eisenhower, will accompany you to the Normandy Beaches.