Explore the storied legacies and dynamic cultures of coastal Portugal, Spain, France, and England and commemorate the 80th anniversary of D-Day on this 8-night cruise itinerary. Discover Portugal’s renowned wine country, walk in the footsteps of ancient pilgrims in Santiago de Compostela, visit Bilbao’s iconic Guggenheim Museum, and see UNESCO-inscribed Mont-Saint-Michel’s impressive abbey. Meet guest speaker Dwight David Eisenhower II, grandson of President Dwight D. Eisenhower, as he joins us on a special anniversary tour of the hallowed Normandy beaches. Extend your journey with the Lisbon Pre-Program and London Post-Program options.
- Uniquely designed, 10-day, 8-night voyage from Lisbon to London, with a cruise up the River Thames to London’s Tower Bridge—featuring guest speaker Dwight David Eisenhower.
- Exclusively chartered cruise aboard one of two 5-star small ships, Le Champlain or Le Dumont d'Urville, with private balconies in all suites and staterooms.
- Meet special guest speaker Dwight David Eisenhower II, grandson of President Dwight D. Eisenhower, as he joins us on a tour of the hallowed Normandy beaches during the 80th anniversary year of D-Day.
- Excursion to visit Omaha Beach and the American Military Cemetery.
- Tour historical Oporto, the remarkable Santiago de Compostela, Bilbao’s avant-garde Guggenheim Museum, and the UNESCO World Heritage-inscribed Mont-Saint-Michel.
- Enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime cruise up the River Thames, where you will spend the night on board within sight of the iconic Tower Bridge and the Tower of London.
- Lisbon Pre-Program and London Post-Program Options.
Day 1 - Depart Home City
Day 2 - Lisbon, Portugal / Embark the ship
Day 3 - Leixões for Oporto
Day 4 - A Coruña, Spain / Santiago de Compostela
Day 5 - Santander for Bilbao
Day 6 - Cruising the Bay of Biscay
Day 7 - Saint-Malo, France / Mont-Saint-Michel
Day 8 - Caen / Normandy Beaches
Day 9 - Cruising the English Channel / River Thames to London’s Tower Bridge, England
Day 10 - London / Disembark ship / Return to home city
These elegant, exclusively chartered, 5-Star Luxury Small Ships feature private balconies on all staterooms and suites, complementary alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, and warm and inviting public areas.
Le Champlain and Le Dumont d'Urville
Le Champlain and Le Dumont d'Urville, usher in a new generation of five-star small ships, combining revolutionary design and a new standard of luxury for unparalleled cruising. Dock in smaller ports inaccessible to larger ships, were authentic cultural experiences and majestic scenery await you.
Lisbon Pre-Program Option
Experience the cinematic streetscapes, medieval passageways, and timeless rituals of Lisbon—one of Europe’s most visually appealing capitals that was famously known as the “city of spies” during World War II. Discover the best of the city on a walking tour, followed by an afternoon at leisure and an authentic Fado dinner experience. Savor breathtaking views on a scenic drive to Sintra, immortalized in English poetry by Lord Byron and noted for its natural beauty and resplendent palaces. Accommodations are for two nights in the 5-star Lisbon Sofitel.
London Post-Program Option
Explore the storied history and vibrant modernity of London, a compelling city that continues to rewrite its narrative and make each visit more enjoyable than the last. See the legendary Tower of London and Westminster Abbey, both UNESCO World Heritage Sites, on a city tour. Step into Churchill’s Cabinet War Room—a secret World War II bunker where the Prime Minister and his staff charted a course to victory. Spend two nights in the 5-star InterContinental London Park Lane, ideally located near Buckingham Palace.
The Pre-Program and Post-Program Options are available at an additional cost. Details will be provided with your reservation confirmation.
Professor Dwight David Eisenhower II
Grandson of General and President Dwight D. Eisenhower, Dwight David Eisenhower II is a noted historian of World War II and the Cold War. His 1986 bestseller, Eisenhower: At War 1943–1945, was a finalist for the Pulitzer Prize in History. Eisenhower received a B.A. in history cum laude from Amherst College. Following graduation, he served in the United States Naval Reserve for three years as an officer on the USS Albany; shortly afterward, he earned his J.D. cum laude from The George Washington University Law School. Today, Eisenhower is Senior Fellow of the Foreign Policy Research Institute and a Public Policy Fellow at the Annenberg School of Communication and the School of Arts and Sciences at the University of Pennsylvania, where he teaches “Communication and the Presidency.”
Ready to Begin Your Journey?
We'll contact you. No obligation.Reserve My Spot