Discover the winelands along the Rhine, Moselle, and Saar rivers on a unique itinerary that includes a 7-night river cruise and 3 nights in Strasbourg, France. The terraced vineyards that rise up from these romantic rivers produce some of the finest wines in the world—from the Rhine Valley’s Rheingau to France’s Alsace. Explore 8 historical port cities—Cologne, Boppard, Koblenz, Cochem, Traben-Trarbach, Bernkastel, Trier, and Saarburg—with excursions to vineyards along the way. Extend your experience with the Netherlands Pre-Program and/or the Switzerland Post-Program options.
- Cruise the Lorelei Passage along the eastern banks of the Rhine River to see St. Goarshausen, Loreley Rock, and Pfalzgrafenstein Castle—which appears as a stone ship in the middle of the Rhine.
- Enjoy a walking tour through the medieval city of Boppard to see such landmarks as Market Square, the Church of St. Severus, and the Electors Castle.
- Cruise the narrow Moselle River Valley, known for its abundance of terraced vineyards clinging to riverbanks.
- Admire the Art Nouveau architecture of Traben-Trarbach, formerly one of the world's great wine-trading centers.
- Experience a wine-tasting session on a guided tour of Bernkastel-Kues.
- Discover the splendor of Luxembourg City with visits to such historical sites as the Old Town with its Palace of the Grand Dukes.
- Explore the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg and Strasbourg, France, capital of the Alsace region.
- Walk through the UNESCO World Heritage-designated La Petite France in Strasbourg, where medieval houses line cobblestone lanes and 13th-century bridges span idyllic canals.
Day 1 - Depart home city
Day 2 - Cologne, Germany/Embark Amadeus Brilliant
Day 3 - Lorelei Passage/Boppard/Koblenz
Day 4 - Cochem
Day 5 - Traben-Trarbach/Bernkastel-Kues
Day 6 - Trier
Day 7 - Saarburg
Day 8 - Grevenmacher/Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Day 9 - Grevenmacher/Disembark river boat/Saarbrücken, Germany
Day 10 - Strasbourg, France
Day 11 - Strasbourg/Alsace-Colmar
Day 12 - Strasbourg/Return to home city
Deluxe River Boat
The elegant and meticulously crafted Amadeus Brilliant, newly renovated in 2020, features all the comforts of a refined and traditional hotel. The English‑speaking, international crew provides warm hospitality. The Amadeus fleet has earned the “Green Globe Certificate” of environmental sustainability. The 76 stylish staterooms and suites are among the most spacious of any European river boat (107 to 236 square feet). Suites include a private balcony, and select staterooms feature a unique floor-to‑ceiling window that lowers to French-balcony height at the touch of a button. Accommodations have two twin beds or one queen bed, individual climate control, sitting area, private bathroom with shower, and a minibar.
The Netherlands Pre-Program Option
The historic heart of Amsterdam, laced with tree-shaded canals and stately 16th- and 17th‑century merchant houses, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the perfect introduction to your voyage along the Rhine, Saar, and Moselle rivers. Visit the world‑class Rijksmuseum and cruise the beautiful Amsterdam Canal. Enjoy a full‑day excursion to quaint Edam, world famous for its cheese, and historic Hoorn, one of the great seafaring towns of the Golden Age. Accommodations are for three nights in the Doubletree Centraal Station Amsterdam Hotel.
Switzerland Post-Program Option
Enhance your main trip with an extension filled with wine and delicacy tasting opportunities. Stroll through Bern and visit the Baroque building Kornhaus, a former granary first built in the 15th century and now is an inviting restaurant. Enjoy a full-day excursion through the Montreux, Chillon, and Lavaux vineyards and taste delectable wines and local delicatessen at the Domaine Croix Duplex. Visit Chillon Castle, first built as a Roman outpost and was a prison during the Renaissance and Mannerism periods. Explore Gruyeres, known best for its iconic cheese-making and its beautiful medieval town center. Spend three nights at the Hotel Angleterre & Residence in the picturesque town of Lausanne.
The Pre- and Post-Program Options are available at an additional cost. Details will be provided with your reservation confirmation.
Ready to Begin Your Journey?
We'll contact you. No obligation.Reserve My Spot