Join us on this nine-day itinerary which combines the natural beauty of the Canary Islands and the Moorish treasures of the rose-pink cities of Morocco. Cruise for seven nights aboard the exclusively chartered, Five‑Star Le Dumont-d’Urville—featuring only 92 Suites and Staterooms, each with a private balcony. Visit La Palma’s scenic Mirador de la Concepción for spectacular views of Caldera de Taburiente and “the beautiful island.” Discover iconic Casablanca. Visit four UNESCO World Heritage sites, the stunning island of Tenerife, the 1,000-year-old city of Marrakesh and the ancient city of Fez. Las Palmas Pre-Program Option and Casablanca Post-Program Option.
- Uniquely designed program, offered exclusively in Gohagan & Company’s tradition of innovative affinity and educational travel.
- Extraordinary nine-day travel program combining the alluring Canary Islands and Morocco.
- Seven-night cruise aboard the exclusively chartered, Five-Star Le Dumont-d’Urville, featuring only 92 Suites and Staterooms, each with a private balcony.
- Excursions in every port, featuring four UNESCO World Heritage sites, scenic coastlines and idyllic ports seldom visited by larger vessels.
- Visit the island of Tenerife to explore Teide National Park and enjoy stunning panoramic views from Mount Teide.
- Tour Marrakesh’s bustling Jemaa El Fna Square, located in the heart of the city; browse the shops and workshops and marvel at musicians, performing monkeys and snake charmers.
- Visit Casablanca’s beautiful and intricately designed Hassan II Mosque, the seventh largest mosque in the world.
- Enjoy a full-day excursion to Fez to see Nejjarine Place’s iconic fountain, Seffarine Place’s shining copper works and its famed tanneries.
- Unparalleled combination of the stunning natural beauty of the Canary Islands and the Moorish treasures of the rose-pink cities of Morocco.
- Two night Las Palmas Pre-Program Option and two-night Casablanca Post-Program Option.
Day 1 - Depart the U.S. or Canada
Day 2 - Arrive Las Palmas, Grand Canaria, Canary Islands, Spain / Embark Le Dumont-d’Urville
Day 3 - Santa Cruz, La Palma
Day 4 - Los Cristianos, Santa Cruz, Tenerife
Day 5 - Cruising the Atlantic Ocean
Day 6 - Safi, Morocco, for Marrakesh
Day 7 - Casablanca
Day 8 - Kenitra for Fez
Day 9 - Casablanca / Return to the U.S. or Canada
Exclusively Chartered, Five-Star Luxury Small Ship
Le Dumont-d’Urville, launched in 2019, ushers in a new generation of Five-Star small ships, combining revolutionary design and a new standard of luxury for unparalleled cruising. Dock in smaller ports inaccessible to larger ships, where authentic cultural experiences and majestic scenery await you.
Las Palmas Pre-Program Option
Explore historical Las Palmas, the capital city of Gran Canaria, where centuries-old cobblestone streets and 15th century colonial architecture tell stories of its iconic past. Walk in the path of Christopher Columbus in Las Palmas’ old town of Vegueta with a visit to Casa de Colón, the house where the Spanish explorer is believed to have stayed in 1492 while repairing La Pinta before famously crossing the Atlantic. Experience a full-day excursion to some of the Canary Islands’ rarely visited sites, featuring Teror’s Neoclassical basilica, Our Lady of the Pine—which honors the legend that the Virgin Mary appeared on a pine tree in the center of the village—and a stop at the spectacular Gardens of the Duchess in Arucas. Accommodations for two nights are in the Five-Star Hotel Santa Catalina.
Casablanca and Rabat Post-Program Option
Discover Moorish Casablanca and the treasures of Morocco with visits to its fortified capital of Rabat, a UNESCO World Heritage site, and the scenic, 16th-century port city of El Jadida. Explore Rabat’s impressive colonial architecture, winding lanes of picturesque kasbah with stunning ocean views and monuments commemorating the city’s many cultural influences—including Phoenician, Roman and Almohad. See the resplendent Royal Palace, home of the king of Morocco, and the mystical Hassan Tower. Visit the stunning Mohammed V. Mausoleum, elaborately decorated with mosaic tile and elaborate Moroccan fountains. Travel through the Moroccan terrain to captivating El Jadida—one of the earliest Portuguese colonies in West Africa—and its original fortified Mazagan city center, renowned as an important example of Renaissance Portuguese architecture. Accommodations for two nights are in the Five-Star Hotel Hyatt Regency, centrally located in the Old Medina of Casablanca.
The Pre-Program and Post-Program Options are available at additional cost. Details will be provided with your reservation confirmation.