Celebrate the enduring magic of the Yuletide season on an enchanting 7-night river cruise to enjoy Europe’s most beloved Christmas markets. Discover magnificent settings where cobblestoned streets strung with colorful lights meet festive market stalls of handcrafted ornaments, fine wooden toys, and irresistible holiday treats. This unique itinerary brings the old-world charm of the holidays to life in a vivid celebration of history and culture. Be inspired by some of Europe’s most noteworthy landmarks—Mozart’s birthplace in Salzburg, the 900-year-old Abbey of Melk in the legendary Wachau Valley, and the glamorous imperial monuments of Hapsburg Vienna. Enhance your journey with the Munich and Vienna Optional Extension.
*This departure operates in the reverse order.
- Watch Christmas folklore and traditions come to life as you visit holiday markets in Germany and Austria on this 7-night river cruise along the Danube River.
- Celebrate the timeless magic of an Old-World Yuletide season and the ancient customs of Advent in central Europe.
- Browse the intricately crafted ornaments hanging in wooden kiosks festooned with colorful lights, sip Glühwein; and savor irresistible holiday treats like roasted chestnuts and freshly baked gingerbread.
- Explore the authentic Old-World ambiance of Germany’s most famous Christkindlmärkt in historic Nuremberg.
- Delight in the holiday pageantry of Salzburg, Passau, and Regensburg.
- Immerse yourself in the nostalgia and romance of Vienna’s classic open-air Christmas markets.
Day 1 - Depart home city
Day 2 - Nuremberg, Germany/Embark Amadeus Queen
Day 3 - Nuremberg
Day 4 - Regensburg
Day 5 - Passau
Day 6 - Linz for Salzburg, Austria
Day 7 - Melk/Dürnstein
Day 8 - Vienna
Day 9 - Vienna/Disembark ship/Return to home city
This program also operates in reverse order.
Exclusively Chartered, Deluxe River Boat
The elegant and meticulously crafted Amadeus Queen, features all the comforts of a refined and traditional hotel. Its 72 stylish staterooms and suites are among the most spacious of any European river boat (188 to 284 square feet). Suites include a private balcony, and select staterooms feature a unique floor-to-ceiling window that lowers to French-balcony height at the touch of a button.
Munich Optional Extension
From Nuremburg, enjoy a leisurely drive to Rothenburg ob der Tauber—known for its classical half-timbered medieval houses—and Reiterlesmarkt, the picturesque Rothenburg Christmas Market. Savor lunch in Rothenburg ob der Tauber, then continue to Munich on the banks of the River Isar. Enjoy excursions to the baroque Nymphenburg Palace and the magical town of Neuschwanstein. Accommodations are for 3 nights in the Bayerischer Hof Hotel.
Vienna Optional Extension
Discover layers of history and Christmas traditions in Vienna, renowned for its architecture and walkable city center. Visit the Hofburg Palace in Old Town, the former winter residence of the Hapsburgs, and Belvedere Palace—built by Prince Eugene of Savoy as a summer home. Tour the Austrian Gallery, filled with collections from the Middle Ages to the present day, and enjoy a private Mozart concert at Sala Terrena. Explore the traditional Christmas Market in front of Vienna’s City Hall and the Spittelberg Christmas Market in the revitalized heritage district.
Depending on your chosen departure date, optional extensions may be a Pre-Program or Post-Program.
Optional Extensions are available at an additional cost. Details will be provided with your reservation confirmation.
Ready to Begin Your Journey?
We'll contact you. No obligation.Reserve My Spot