Celebrate the enduring magic of the Yuletide season on an enchanting 7-night river cruise to enjoy Europe’s most beloved Christmas markets. Discover magnificent settings where cobblestoned streets strung with colorful lights meet festive market stalls of handcrafted ornaments, fine wooden toys, and irresistible holiday treats. This unique itinerary brings the old-world charm of the holidays to life in a vivid celebration of history and culture. Be inspired by some of Europe’s most noteworthy landmarks—Mozart’s birthplace in Salzburg, the 900-year-old Abbey of Melk in the legendary Wachau Valley, and the glamorous imperial monuments of Hapsburg Vienna. Enhance your journey with the Munich Pre-Program and Vienna Post-Program Options.
*This departure operates in the reverse order.
- Nine-day, 7-night river cruise along the Danube River to enjoy holiday markets in Germany and Austria, where Christmas folklore and traditions come to life.
- Celebrate the timeless magic of an Old-World Yuletide season and the ancient customs of Advent in Central Europe.
- Browse the intricately crafted ornaments hanging in wooden kiosks festooned with colorful lights, sip Glühwein; and savor irresistible holiday treats like roasted chestnuts and freshly baked gingerbread.
- Explore the authentic Old-World ambiance of Germany’s most famous Christkindlmärkt in historic Nuremberg.
- Delight in the holiday pageantry of Salzburg, Passau, and Regensburg.
- Immerse yourself in the nostalgia and romance of Vienna’s classic open-air Christmas markets.
Day 1 - Depart home city
Day 2 - Nuremberg, Germany/Embark Amadeus Queen
Day 3 - Nuremberg
Day 4 - Regensburg
Day 5 - Passau
Day 6 - Linz for Salzburg, Austria
Day 7 - Melk/Dürnstein
Day 8 - Vienna
Day 9 - Vienna/Disembark ship/Return to home city
This program also operates in reverse order.
Exclusively Chartered River Boat
• 81 spacious river-view suites and staterooms.
• Deluxe amenities of a luxury hotel.
• Complimentary house wine and beer served with lunch and dinner.
Munich Pre-Program Option
From Nuremburg, enjoy a leisurely drive to Rothenburg ob der Tauber—known for its classical half-timbered medieval houses—and Reiterlesmarkt, the picturesque Rothenburg Christmas Market. Savor lunch in Rothenburg ob der Tauber, then continue to Munich on the banks of the River Isar. Enjoy excursions to the baroque Nymphenburg Palace and the magical town of Neuschwanstein. Accommodations are for 3 nights in the Bayerischer Hof Hotel.
Vienna Post-Program Option
Discover layers of history and Christmas traditions in Vienna, renowned for its architecture and walkable city center. Visit the Hofburg Palace in Old Town, the former winter residence of the Hapsburgs, and Belvedere Palace—built by Prince Eugene of Savoy as a summer home. Tour the Austrian Gallery, with collections from the Middle Ages to the present day. Explore the traditional Christmas Market in front of Vienna’s City Hall, the Spittelberg Christmas Market in the revitalized heritage district, and the Christmas Village at Belvedere Palace. Accommodations are for 2 nights at the InterContinental Wein.
The Pre/Post-Program Options are available at an additional cost. Details will be provided with your reservation confirmation.
Ready to Begin Your Journey?
We'll contact you. No obligation.Reserve My Spot