Discover the world-famous Burgundy and Beaujolais wine regions of Provence at the height of the harvest season. Cruise round-trip from historic Lyon, France, along the storied Rhône and Saône rivers. Dock in the heart of each port and visit the historical Hotel-Dieu in Beaune; the medieval Papal Palace of Avignon; the Roman Amphitheater in Arles; the Roman city of Orange; and the ancient Roman Pont du Gard aqueduct. Enjoy an exclusive tour of the Beaujolais wine region’s Château Montmelas, guided by a member of the family, with a specially arranged fortepiano concert and wine tasting. Enhance your experience with the Geneva Pre-Program Option.
- Exclusively chartered, deluxe small river boat.
- Specially designed, one-of-a-kind itinerary cruising France’s storied Rhône and Saône Rivers during autumn, the height of harvest season.
- One port call every day, often docking in the very heart of each charming French city, town or village—all excursions included.
- Visit six UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Exclusive tour of the Beaujolais wine region’s Château Montmelas, guided by a member of the family, with a specially arranged fortepiano concert and wine tasting.
- Walking tours of historic Old Lyon, Avignon, Arles, and Vienne, featuring stops at the iconic Pont d’Avignon, the Roman Amphitheater, the Temple of Augustus, and the medieval Cathédrale de Saint-Maurice.
- Complimentary wine and beer with lunch and dinner aboard boat.
- Specially arranged educational lectures.
- Geneva and the French Alps Pre-Program Option.
Day 1 - Depart the U.S. or Canada
Day 2 - Lyon, France / Embark Amadeus Provence
Day 3 - Tournus for Beaune / Mâcon for Beaujolais
Day 4 - Lyon
Day 5 - Avignon
Day 6 - Arles
Day 7 - Châteauneuf-du-Pape for Orange / Pont du Gard
Day 8 - Vienne
Day 9 - Lyon / Disembark river boat / Return to the U.S. or Canada
Exclusively Chartered, Deluxe River Boat
The elegant and meticulously crafted Amadeus Provence features all the comforts of a refined and traditional hotel. The 70 stylish staterooms and suites are among the most spacious of any European river boat (172 to 284 square feet). Suites include a private balcony, and select staterooms feature a unique floor-to-ceiling window that lowers to French-balcony height at the touch of a button.
Geneva and the French Alps Pre-Program Option
Begin your French adventure with four days touring the world-class city of Geneva, Switzerland. Delight in the mountainous beauty of the Savoie Mont-Blanc region at the convergence of France, Switzerland, and Italy. Enjoy a private tour of the Red Cross Museum and the Patek Phillippe Watch Museum. Explore the French village of Chamonix, the historic capital of Alpine skiing and host of the first Winter Olympic Games in 1924. Board the famous Montenvers cog railway train to the legendary Mer de Glace, the largest glacier in France and its La Grotte. Enjoy a visit to Annecy, the “Venice of the Alps,” for a guided walking tour. Accommodations are for three nights in the elegant Hôtel Bristol Genève, located in the heart of the city.
The Pre-Program Option is available at additional cost. Details will be provided with your reservation confirmation.
Ready to Begin Your Journey?
We'll contact you. No obligation.Reserve My Spot