Discover the world-famous Burgundy and Beaujolais wine regions of Provence at the height of the harvest season. Cruise round-trip from historic Lyon, France, along the storied Rhône and Saône rivers. Dock in the heart of each port and visit the historical Hotel-Dieu in Beaune; the medieval Papal Palace of Avignon; the Roman Amphitheater in Arles; the Roman city of Orange; and the ancient Roman Pont du Gard aqueduct. Enjoy an exclusive tour of the Beaujolais wine region’s Château Montmelas, guided by a member of the family, with a specially arranged fortepiano concert and wine tasting. Enhance your experience with the Geneva Pre-Program Option.
- Exclusively chartered, deluxe small river boat.
- Specially designed, one-of-a-kind itinerary cruising France’s storied Rhône and Saône Rivers during autumn, the height of harvest season.
- One port call every day, often docking in the very heart of each charming French city, town or village—all excursions included.
- Visit six UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Exclusive tour of the Beaujolais wine region’s Château Montmelas, guided by a member of the family, with a specially arranged fortepiano concert and wine tasting.
- Walking tours of historic Old Lyon, Avignon, Arles, and Vienne, featuring stops at the iconic Pont d’Avignon, the Roman Amphitheater, the Temple of Augustus, and the medieval Cathédrale de Saint-Maurice.
- Complimentary wine and beer with lunch and dinner aboard boat.
- Specially arranged educational lectures.
- Geneva and the French Alps Pre-Program Option.
Day 1 - Depart home city
Day 2 - Lyon, France / Embark Amadeus Provence
Day 3 - Tournus for Beaune / Mâcon for Beaujolais
Day 4 - Lyon
Day 5 - Avignon
Day 6 - Arles
Day 7 - Châteauneuf-du-Pape for Orange / Pont du Gard
Day 8 - Vienne
Day 9 - Lyon / Disembark river boat / Return to home city
Exclusively Chartered, Deluxe River Boat
The elegant and meticulously crafted Amadeus Provence features all the comforts of a refined and traditional hotel. The 70 stylish staterooms and suites are among the most spacious of any European river boat (172 to 284 square feet). Suites include a private balcony, and select staterooms feature a unique floor-to-ceiling window that lowers to French-balcony height at the touch of a button.
Geneva and the French Alps Pre-Program Option
Delight in the mountainous beauty of the Savoie Mont-Blanc region at the convergence of France, Switzerland, and Italy. Visit the world-class city of Geneva, ideally located on the crystalline shores of the largest lake on the coast of the Rhône, fed by the waters flowing through the valleys of the Swiss Alps. Enjoy a private tour of the Patek Philippe Watch Musuem and stroll through the city’s charming Old Town, seeing the Town-House, the Cathedral, the House of Travel, and the gun barrels.
Explore the picturesque French village of Chamonix, the historic capital of Alpine skiing and host of the first Winter Olympic Games in 1924. Ascend to the highest of Chamonix’s needles, l’Aiguille du Midi, via cable car. Board the famous Montenvers cog railway train to the legendary Mer de Glace (Sea of Ice), the largest glacier in France and its La Grotte. Here, the Ice Cave allows you to walk right into the heart of the four-mile-long glacier.
Enjoy a visit to Annecy, the “Venice of the Alps,” for a guided walking tour. This medieval town is noted for its crystal-clear canals, pastel-toned houses, and old-world ambiance. Accommodations are for three nights in the elegant Hôtel Bristol Genève, located in the heart of the city, just steps from the lake.
The Pre-Program Option is available at additional cost. Details will be provided with your reservation confirmation.
Gohagan & Company reserves the right to correct errors or omissions and to change any and all fares, fees, promotions and surcharges at any time.
Ready to Begin Your Journey?
We'll contact you. No obligation.Reserve My Spot