Bask in sun-dappled islands at the crossroads of the Mediterranean and explore coastal cities that date back more than 7,000 years. This one-of-a-kind cruise itinerary takes you from the antiquities of Malta to the ancient sites of Agrigento, Tunisia, and Taormina on the Italian island of Sicily. Enjoy calls at Trapani and Palermo in Sicily before cruising to Syracuse. Enhance your journey with the Malta Pre-Program Option.
- Uniquely designed seven-night cruise itinerary following Gohagan & Company’s tradition of innovative educational programming and luxury travel.
- Exclusively chartered cruise aboard the five-star small ship Le Bougainville allows access to smaller ports.
- Six UNESCO World Heritage Sites, including Sicily’s ancient Greco-Roman sites in Taormina, Siracusa and Agrigento and Carthage in Tunisia.
- Cruise to centuries-old cities, medieval ports and scenic landscapes—once coveted by the world’s most powerful empires.
- Enjoy views of Sicily’s imposing Mt. Etna, Europe’s highest volcano.
- Cruise past the island of Stromboli, the “Lighthouse of the Mediterranean.”
- Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages throughout the cruise and complimentary Wi-Fi aboard ship (conditions permitting).
- Malta Pre-Program Option.
Day 1 - Depart home city
Day 2 - Valleta, Malta / Embark Le Bougainville
Day 3 - Porto Empedocle for Agrigento, Sicily
Day 4 - Tunis, Tunisia for Carthage
Day 5 - Trapani, Sicily
Day 6 - Palermo
Day 7 - Reggio Calabria / Naxos for Taormina
Day 8 - Syracuse
Day 9 - Valletta, Malta / Disembark ship / Return to home city
Exclusively Chartered, Five-Star Luxury Small Ship
Join us aboard the exclusively chartered, five-star Le Bougainville, where distinctive French sophistication meets innovative nautical design. All accommodations feature private balconies. The ship’s efficient electrical propulsion system and custom stabilizers provide an exceptionally smooth, quiet and comfortable voyage. The small size of the ship allows for navigation into more remote locations than larger vessels.
Timeless Malta Pre-Program Option
Enhance your Mediterranean cruise experience with a two-night immersion on the island of Malta, considered one of the most concentrated historic areas in the world. Walk the medieval streets of the beautifully preserved, UNESCO-inscribed town of Valetta, built by the Knights of the Order of St. John in the late 16th century. Visit the Lower Barrakka Gardens for a breathtaking panorama of the Grand Harbor and the Grandmaster’s Palace. Explore the stunning 16th century Casa Rocca Piccola, home of the Marquis De Piro family. This private visit will be led by one of the family members. Visit St. John’s Co-Cathedral, a Baroque masterpiece built from local marble, and at UNESCO-inscribed Hagar Qim, visit the Palace of the Inquisitor and the Tarxien Temples. Accommodations are in the five-star Grand Hotel Excelsior Malta.
The Pre-Program Option is available at additional cost. Details will be provided with your reservation confirmation.
Gohagan & Company reserves the right to correct errors or omissions and to change any and all fares, fees, promotions and surcharges at any time.
Ready to Begin Your Journey?
We'll contact you. No obligation.Reserve My Spot