Visit three continents; explore centuries-old landmarks in Jordan, Egypt, and Greece; and cruise from the Red Sea to the Aegean Sea via the Suez Canal on this remarkable voyage. Discover the historical sites of Jordan on a journey to Amman, Jerash, Wadi Rum, and legendary Petra. Mid-cruise, overnight in Luxor in a Nile-view room and enjoy a specially arranged visit into the tomb of Queen Nefertari. Stand in the shadows of the Great Pyramids of Giza. View the Minoan Palace at Knossos and continue to Heraklion to visit the Archaeological Museum. Enhance your immersion into these ancient civilizations with the Israel Pre-Program and/or Greece Post-Program Options.
A Fall version of this program is also available.
- Uniquely designed, comprehensive, 12-night land and sea program.
- Three nights in Amman, with a tour of the city and the Greco-Roman ruins of Jerash.
- One night near the legendary “rose-red city” of Petra, one of the New Seven Wonders of the World.
- Eight-night, exclusively chartered cruise aboard the five-star Le Bougainville; each suite and stateroom has a private balcony.
- Visit millennia-old sites in Jordan, Egypt, and Greece, and cruise from the Red Sea to the Aegean Sea via the Suez Canal and Mediterranean Sea.
- Excursion in the Mediterranean port of Alexandria, founded in 331 B.C. by Alexander the Great and today a cosmopolitan cultural hub.
- Visit to Giza to see the Great Pyramids and the Great Sphinx.
- Excursion into the Wadi Rum Protected Area, a traditional Bedouin site.
- Overnight in a Nile-view room in fabled Luxor, with visits to Karnak and Luxor Temples, the tombs of Kings Tutankhamen and Ramses IV and by special arrangement, the tomb of Queen Nefertari.
- Enjoy lectures on board by Dr. Tarek Sayed Tawfik Ahmed, an acclaimed Egyptologist.
- Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages throughout the cruise and complimentary Wi-Fi access aboard the ship (conditions permitting).
- Four-night Israel Pre-Program Option or two-night Classical Greece Post-Program Option.
Day 1 - Depart the U.S. or Canada
Day 2 - Arrive in Amman, Jordan
Day 3 - Amman
Day 4 - Amman / Jerash / Amman
Day 5 - Amman / Petra
Day 6 - Petra / Wadi Rum / Embark Le Bougainville / Aqaba
Day 7 - Safaga for Luxor, Egypt
Day 8 - Luxor / Hurghada
Day 9 - Ain Sokhna for Giza Plateau (Great Pyramids)
Day 10 - Sail the Suez Canal
Day 11 - Alexandria
Day 12 - Day at Sea
Day 13 - Heraklion, Crete
Day 14 - Athens, Greece / Return to the U.S. or Canada
Exclusively Chartered, Five-Star Luxury Small Ship
Le Bougainville, launched in 2019, ushers in a new generation of five-star small ships, combining revolutionary design and a new standard of luxury for unparalleled cruising. Dock in smaller ports inaccessible to larger ships, where authentic cultural experiences and majestic scenery await you.
Dr. Tarek Sayed Tawfik Ahmed has a BA & MA of Egyptology from Faculty of Archaeology Cairo University and a PhD in Egyptology from the University of Bonn, Germany. He serves as Director of the Centre for Archaeological Studies and International Héritage in Luxor and is the former Director General of the Grand Egyptian Museum Project. Dr. Ahmed joins us on board for exclusive lectures on the culture, way of life, and iconic creations of ancient Egypt.
Israel Pre-Program Option
This exclusive, four-night itinerary features visits to cultural sites around Jerusalem, including the Yad Vashem Holocaust Museum. Visit Bethlehem, the UNESCO-designated Masada, and enjoy a float in the Dead Sea. Enjoy deluxe accommodations in Jerusalem.
Classical Greece Post-Program Option
Extend your time in Athens with a two-night itinerary that includes tours of the Parthenon and the Acropolis Museum, as well as a full-day excursion to the mystical UNESCO World Heritage Site of Delphi and its Archaeological Museum. Accommodations are in the deluxe Grand Bretagne Athens Hotel.
The Pre-Program and Post-Program Options are available at additional cost. Details will be provided with your reservation confirmation.
Hotel Fairmont Amman
Check in to the five-star Fairmont Hotel Fairmont in Amman. for three nights. This beautiful, modern hotel features gorgeous interiors of fine wood and marble, with large rooms combining classic luxury with modern design, and all of the amenities a traveler could want and then some. The hotel is centrally located, within easy walking distance to the affluent Abdoun neighborhood and the nearby diplomatic area.
Mövenpick Resort Petra
In Petra, you'll stay at the the five-star Mövenpick Resort. Located right at the entrance to this ancient city, this unique luxury hotel features arabesque designs, natural stone, carved wood, local textiles, and a wonderful collection of art and antiques. Rooms are modern, stylish, and very comfortable.
Steigenberger Nile Palace Hotel
Take in incredible views of the Nile from your beautiful, large, modern room with a balcony in this stunning five-star hotel in Luxor.
Ready to Begin Your Journey?
We'll contact you. No obligation.Reserve My Spot