Discover the natural wonder of the Amazon River Basin and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Machu Picchu, the “lost city of the Incas.” Your journey begins with one night in Lima and continues with a five-night, guided river cruise through the tributaries of the Peruvian Amazon and the Pacaya-Samiria National Reserve—the world’s largest wetlands refuge. Our exclusive itinerary then features two nights in the breathtaking Sacred Valley, one night at the incomparable Machu Picchu and two nights in the Inca capital of Cuzco. Enhance your voyage with the Lima Pre-Program Option.
- Custom-designed, 13-day travel program available only through Gohagan & Company in our tradition of innovative programming.
- Five-night deluxe river expedition boat Zafiro—one of a select number to cruise the upper Amazon and its tributaries within the world’s largest rainforest ecosystem.
- Expert naturalist guides lead all Amazon expeditions.
- Nightime excursion in search of nocturnal rainforest animals and a red-bellied piranha fishing expedition.
- All meals on board the boat and all guided tours are included.
- Inter-Peru air and ideally located, luxury accommodations in Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu, and Cuzco are all included.
- Tour the amazing Machu Picchu, the "lost city of the Incas," a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and return the next morning to see the sunrise over the ruins.
- Tour of Cuzco, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, including the Metropolitan Cathedral, the Temple of the Sun, and the Inca ruins of Sacsayhuamán Archaeological Park.
- Tour of colonial Lima and time at leisure in this UNESCO World Heritage Site is offered as a Pre-Program Option.
Day 1 - Depart Home City / Arrive in Lima, Peru
Day 2 - Lima / Fly to Iquitos / Nauta / Embark the Zafiro / Río Amazonas
Day 3 - Río Amazonas / Río Ucayali
Day 4 - Río Amazonas / Río Ucayali / Río Marañón / Pacaya-Samiria National Reserve
Day 5 - Marañón River / Pucate River / Ucayali River
Day 6 - Marañón River / Nauta
Day 7 - Nauta / Disembark river boat / Iquitos / Fly to Lima / Cuzco / Sacred Valley
Day 8 - Sacred Valley
Day 9 - Urubamba Valley / train to Ollantaytambo / Machu Picchu
Day 10 - Machu Picchu / Scenic train to Ollantaytambo / Cuzco
Day 11 - Cuzco
Day 12 - Cuzco / Fly to Lima / Depart for Home City
Day 13 - Arrive in Home City
Exclusively Chartered Expedition Vessel
The deluxe Zafiro, specifically designed to navigate the Upper Amazon River and its tributaries, carries a maximum of 36 guests. This spacious yet intimate river boat offers a unique way to experience this fragile ecosystem of colorful wildlife, abundant flora, and Amazonian culture within the most extraordinary, remote, and untouched rainforest.
Sonesta Posada del Inca Hotel
Located in the heart of the Sacred Valley, just five minutes from Urubamba, the colonial-style Sonesta Posada del Inca Hotel sits at the foot of the mountains. The large rooms are rustic and sleek with wood floors, stone details, and views of either the mountains or the beautiful, manicured gardens.
Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel
Sitting on more than 12 acres of stunningly lush cloud forest—home to 214 species of bird and an astounding collection of orchids—the five-star Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel is located right across from the Machu Picchu train station. Built as an intimate Andean Village on terraced hills, this wonderful hotel offers a wide variety of walks on the grounds that explore the native flora and fauna. The beautiful rooms are in a traditional style (think wood beams, vaulted ceilings, tile floors, and Andean tapestries), and include everything you would expect from a hotel of this caliber.
JW Marriott El Convento
This five-star hotel in Cuzco seamlessly combines the feel of historic grandeur with modern luxury. Housed in a beautifully restored 16th-century convent, the hotel is ideally located at the heart of the city’s UNESCO-inscribed historical core and surrounded by quint cobblestone streets. The rooms are plush and feature luxurious marble bathrooms.
Colonial Lima Pre-Program Option
Start your Amazon expedition early with a two-night tour of Peru’s UNESCO-inscribed capital city of Lima, featuring visits to the 16th-century Cathedral of Lima, the 17th-century Church and Convent of San Francisco and Casa de Aliaga. Enjoy accommodations in the ideally located, deluxe JW Marriott Lima Hotel.
The Pre-Program Option is available at additional cost. Details will be provided with your reservation confirmation.
Gohagan & Company reserves the right to correct errors or omissions and to change any and all fares, fees, promotions and surcharges at any time.
Ready to Begin Your Journey?
We'll contact you. No obligation.Reserve My Spot