A land of pure, natural beauty, Alaska is the last great American frontier. Discover the wonders of Ketchikan; Wrangell; Sitka; and Elfin Cove on this carefully curated expedition itinerary. Look for humpback whales at Point Adolphus and navigate isolated inlets inaccessible to larger vessels for superlative views of Alaska’s spectacular scenery. Cruise Tracy Arm Fjord to majestic South Sawyer and Dawes Glaciers. Enjoy lectures on board by naturalists that highlight the wildlife and extraordinary landscapes you will see along the way. Enhance your expedition with the Vancouver Pre-Program and/or Fairbanks and Denali Post-Program Options.
- Created in Gohagan & Company’s tradition of innovative programming and educational travel.
- Five-star accommodations, seven-night, exploration-style itinerary—the best way to experience the last of the great American frontiers—available only through Gohagan & Company.
- Enjoy an intimate experience aboard the five-star, all-suite small ship Star Breeze, as you are surrounded by the breathtaking Alaskan scenery and the awe-inspiring Inside Passage.
- Prepare for the unexpected—a pod of whales feeding, seals basking on icebergs, bald eagles soaring above—as your small ship can position or alter course for better wildlife observation.
- Experience incredible natural wonders every day—wildlife spotting, small expedition vessel excursions up close to glaciers, and narrow fjord cruises.
- Cruise British Columbia’s protected Inside Passage, one of the most spectacular coastal waterways in the world.
- Explore historic Ketchikan, “salmon capital of the world,” and its famous Gold Rush-era Creek Street.
- Visit the remote fishing village of Elfin Cove on pristine Chichagof Island.
- Cruise stunning Tracy Arm Fjord to see South Sawyer Glacier.
- Optional excursion to remotely situated Anan Bear Observatory.
- Vancouver and Victoria Pre-Program Option and Anchorage, Denali National Park, and Fairbanks Post-Program Option.
Day 1 - Depart home city / Arrive in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada / Embark Star Breeze
Day 2 - Cruising the Inside Passage
Day 3 - Ketchikan, Alaska, U.S.
Day 4 - Wrangell
Day 5 - Sitka
Day 6 - Elfin Cove / Point Adolphus
Day 7 - Tracy Arm Fjord / Sawyer Glacier / Endicott Fjord / Dawes Glacier
Day 8 - Juneau / Disembark ship / Return to home city
Exclusively Chartered, Five-Star, All-Suite
The five-star, all-suite Star Breeze offers the ultimate small ship cruising lifestyle. Newly renovated in 2021, each of the 156 suites features one queen bed (some convertible to two twin beds), a private bathroom with granite-accented countertops and shower (some with full bathtub), and the amenities of a fine hotel—including luxurious Egyptian cotton linens, individual climate control, and a flat-screen satellite TV with DVD player. Each suite also offers a freshly stocked minibar, safe, hair dryer, dressing table, plush robe and slippers, and complimentary Wi-Fi access (conditions permitting). Complimentary welcome flowers and fruit are provided in each suite upon arrival.
Vancouver Pre-Program Option
Start your adventure in Vancouver with a two-night prelude that includes a walking tour of historic Vancouver. See Chinatown, Gastown and Stanley Park—featuring a photo stop at the Totem Poles. Enjoy accommodations in the deluxe Fairmont Hotel Vancouver.
Fairbanks/Denali Post-Program Option
Our four-day tour extension includes a stop in Anchorage, where you visit the headquarters of the famous Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race, before traveling from Talkeetna on the deluxe Dome Rail Car to Denali. Spend one night at the deluxe Marriott Anchorage and two nights at the Grand Denali Lodge.
Pre-Program and Post-Program Options are available at additional cost. Details will be provided with your reservation confirmation.
Gohagan & Company reserves the right to correct errors or omissions and to change any and all fares, fees, promotions and surcharges at any time.
Ready to Begin Your Journey?
We'll contact you. No obligation.Reserve My Spot